Ever since lasers were first introduced into dentistry back in the 1990s, they have been riding a wave of positive reviews since then. With many procedures that used to be done by hand, lasers could now accomplish them with much more precision, leading to a multitude of benefits for your oral health care. Listed below are some of the uses of lasers in dentistry:
– Teeth whitening treatments can take advantage of lasers to activate gels placed in your mouth to remove deep stains and discolorations.
– When analyzing a person’s mouth for oral cancers, lasers can be used to remove a small amount of gum tissue for cancer biopsies to be done.
– Laser dentistry is greatly useful for cavities and tooth decay and can be used to prepare teeth for dental fillings.
– Lasers can be used for minor oral health care tasks including the removal of canker sores and lesions.
– When root canal treatments are to be used, lasers can be used to reshape the gums and clear away any contamination around the area before the treatment is applied.
If you are in need of a laser dentistry treatment from our team at John F. Lann, DDS - Round Rock TX Dentist at our dentist office in Round Rock, Texas, please contact us at 512-255-1025 to schedule an appointment with Dr. John F. Lann. The path to a healthy smile starts today!