With your help, in combination with their own efforts and regular professional care, your daughters and sons can grow up cavity-free and keep their teeth all their lives.
It’s not difficult to help your child maintain a healthy smile. Here are a few tips for good oral health:
– Make sure your child gets the fluoride needed for decay-resistant teeth. Ask your dentist how this should be done.
– Brush and floss your child’s teeth daily until the child can be taught to do this alone. Then encourage him or her to brush and floss.
– Take your child to see the dentist regularly, beginning around three years of age.
– Start cleaning your child’s mouth daily.
– Start brushing as soon as the first tooth erupts.