Before you get nervous about your upcoming dental appointment, we have some good news for you! At John F. Lann, DDS - Round Rock TX Dentist, Dr. John F. Lann proudly uses dental lasers to give you a more successful, pain-free, and comfortable dental experience. Some laser-friendly dental treatments include:
· Tooth decay removal: The laser can remove the decay from the tooth and can also help the tooth prepare for the filling.
· Gum treatment: The laser can reshape the gums after they have moved away from the teeth. This will improve the health and appearance of your smile.
· Root canal therapy: The laser can clean the surgical area from bacteria, which can lessen the chances of infection.
· Biopsy: The laser can be used to remove a small amount of tissue from your oral cavity so your dentist can examine it for oral cancer.
· Lesion removal: Lesions and canker sores are painful, bothersome, and inconvenient, but the laser can help by removing the lesions and relieving the pain from canker sores.
· Teeth whitening: The laser helps speed up the teeth-whitening process in the office. It will activate the whitening solution by heating the product and enhancing the effects.
Lasers can be used as a cutting instrument and they can vaporize tissue. They can also help strengthen the bond between a tooth and dental filling and they can quicken the process of teeth whitening in the office.
Lasers are much more beneficial than a dental drill, and that is because:
· They reduce the pain in treatments, so there is less of a need for anesthesia.
· They reduce anxiety in patients.
· They minimize bleeding and swelling during treatments that deal with soft tissues.
· They preserve more of a healthy tooth when removing a dental cavity.
We know that lasers are new dental technology that not everyone understands, so if you have questions or if you would like to know more, we are happy to teach you all about dental lasers if you just call 512-255-1025 today! We are happy to help you in any way we can and we look forward to educating you on the newest technology available.