At our office, we work hard each day to give our patients the strong and reliable oral health they deserve, and it all starts with a dental cleaning.
When you come in for your first dental cleaning with us, we are happy to provide the following treatments to give you the pristine and healthy smile you have always wanted:
- Deep Teeth Cleaning: After welcoming you into our practice, our dental hygienist will guide you to our comfortable dental chair and place a bib-like cloth over your chest to keep your clothes nice and clean. Then, our hygienist will use a small dental tool to scrape the plaque away from the surfaces of your teeth. This is a great way to eliminate the risks associated with gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Teeth Polishing: Once the plaque is removed from your teeth, the crowns will be polished, removing any access plaque and abolishing stains. Throughout this technique, you will have the chance to rinse your mouth because the polish tends to feel gritty.
- Flossing: Our hygienist will then floss between each of your teeth and will deeply clean the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, including underneath the permanent retainers you might have.
- Fluoride Treatment: When your teeth are nice and clean, you will receive a fluoride treatment, which will be flavored in a light taste of your choosing. Our hygienist will place the foam, gel, or varnish in your mouth and ask you to wait for a few minutes. During this time, the fluoride minerals will soak into your teeth, strengthen them, and nourish them. When the time is up, you will rinse your mouth.
- X-rays: Our hygienist will then take X-rays of your oral cavity, which is a detailed image that shows your teeth, roots, gums, and bone. Then, our dentist will examine the X-rays and your oral cavity and take the needed steps to give you the healthy smile you deserve.
To learn more about your next dental cleaning at our office, we invite you to call our office today!